This is a list of general guidelines, requirements, and tips to becoming staff on DiscoMC.
You must wait 2 Weeks to re-apply if your application has been denied.
Step 1: Reviewing
This is the process in which we will review your written application, this can take up to 5 days to do!
Step 2: The Interview Stage
During this step, a Manager will contact you on what time is best to conduct your verbal interview. You will be asked a series of questions and are expected to answer them immediately. This is so we know how you can answer questions in the heat of the moment rather than take all the time you need to write out a perfect answer in an application. This way we know if you can think calmly and clearly to answer our questions in the moment just like you will have to in-game make decisions in the moment when determining how/when to punish a player breaking rules. If you fail this stage you will be told so and allowed to reapply again in 2 weeks, if you are accepted you will move on to step 3.
Step 3: The Trial Stage
During this 2 week period, you will be a Trial-Moderator/Helper on DiscoMC! You are expected to help players, help with player reports, and moderate the chat. You are to record any and all evidence of hackers during this time and report it via discord to a higher staff member. Reach too many false punishments during this stage and you will fail, resulting in a demotion. You will be allowed to re-apply in 3 weeks after this. During this stage it is very important to remain active, get to know the community better, and do your job well! If you do well enough and have very little to no false punishments then you will become a full moderator!
Note: All of these requirements are to be met otherwise your application will be denied without consideration, missing even 1 of these requirements will result in your application being denied.
- You must be able to record videos of hackers/rule breakers at a reasonable frame-rate and quality. (Minimum: 720p @ 30FPS)
- You must have a working microphone and be able to talk to us
- You must be part of the server for at least 3 months
- You must have decent past staff experience (banning hackers, muting/kicking...etc)
- You must actually put effort into your application, if I see simple 1-2 sentence answers for questions that are expected to be much longer, you will be denied
- You must have no more than 3 mutable chat offenses in the past 30 days of applying
- You must not have been banned within the past 6 months of applying
- You must be 13 years of age or older! This is for maturity and life experiences to better help you cope and understand the responsibilities of being staff!
- You can only be staff on 1 other server max to apply!
- All staff members must accept these terms below!
- If you are accepted, you will need to follow all rules & guidance very carefully, and set high standards for everyone else in the community. This includes minimal cursing, and always being respectful.
If you are denied, do not argue with the decision, and instead take on the responsibility of improving in that area. You must wait 2 weeks before applying again.
If you ask a staff member to look at your application, it will be instantly denied.
If you are accepted but then lose your position later on, do not argue, complain or question further on why you were removed.
These are things that can help you become a staff member on DiscoMC, however they are not required.
- Be active on the forums, reporting rule breakers, and helping out others
- Be highly active in-game, more than the average player
- Be a part of the server for over 6 weeks
- Get to know any of our current staff members, it's easier to hire a friend than a complete stranger
- Be active on our discord server
- Be 14 years of age or older